2013 – 2020 Ford Fusion
Vehicle In This Guide:
2014 Ford Fusion / 2.5L engine / 32,000 miles
In this guide we have the new generation Ford Fusion and the steps below will walk you through removing the rear bumper. Some tools that you will need for this job include the flat head screwdriver, ratchet and socket, and a plastic trim removal tool so that you can pop the rear taillight out.
Rear Bumper Cover Removal Steps
1. Open the trunk and peel back the trunk liner. You will see the two taillight nuts that you will have to unscrew.
2. The back of the taillight is clipped into place. You can’t really grab it with your hand so instead you will need to insert a plastic trim removal tool and pop the light out of the clip.
3. Disconnect the electrical plug and remove the whole unit.
4. With the taillight out of the way, you can now remove the two plastic retainers. Pry the center up and then take the whole retainer out.
5. Move on to the bottom of the bumper where you will need to remove the metal screws (yellow) and then a couple of plastic retainers (green). Only one side of the rear bumper is pictured below.
6. Remove the metal screws (yellow) that secure the bumper to the splash shield and take out the plastic push pin (green). Do the same for the other side of the car.
7. At this point you will need to peel back the splash shield and look up to find one more metal screw that will need to be removed.
8. Grab one side of the bumper and rotate it up and pull it out. Do the same for the other side.
Here is picture of the rear bumper and taillights removed.